Monday, October 12, 2009

The Jack Reacher novel series

Jack Reacher is a character in a series of novels by Lee Child and I haven't read them all, but I have read quite a few. The first one I read was somewhere in the middle of the series (I didn't know then that it was a series) and I loved the character. He has no identity and no belongings and he keeps it that way by using cash for everything and throwing away a set of clothes after a few days to buy a new set. I won't go into how he manages this - try the books- but he's a really fun and imaginative character. As he travels like a nomad he continually gets himself caught up in things as he is a bit of a cross between the Knight in Shining Armor who wants to rescue people (usually women!) and a vigilante. The books don't get bogged down in a bunch of romantic slush, however, so if you are into romance more than mystery/thriller books- you might not like these. I recommend that you start with the first novel- The Killing Floor.

No comments: